THE DESIGN OF OUR PLANET AND SOLAR SYSTEM
Our Planet Earth and solar system are perfectly designed for life to exist. If any one of a number of factors wasn’t finely-tuned for our survival, we would not be here.
- DISTANCE FROM SUN – Our Earth is the perfect distance from the sun. Too much closer and everything would burn up. Too much further away and everything would freeze.
- WATER – Life-giving water is constantly recycled through evaporation and rain, and filtered through to reachable, underground reservoirs all over the earth.
- ATMOSPHERE – Without the 60-mile-high atmosphere, life couldn’t exist. Without the perfect balance of oxygen, nitrogen and carbon dioxide, life couldn’t exist.
- GRAVITY – Just the right amount of gravitational pull keeps us stationed on the rotating earth, but doesn’t make us too heavy to move. The moon’s gravitational pull keeps the tides circulating in the oceans.
WATER – A VITAL ELEMENT FOR LIFE AS WE KNOW IT
- UNIVERSAL SOLVENT – The simple bond of the water molecule makes it possible for most substances to dissolve in water. Therefore water can distribute important minerals and nutrients throughout the world and inside the cells and organisms of our body. Water also flushes out toxins and carries them away.
- EARTH’S OCEANS – Water has the ability to absorb heat in the summer and release it during the winter. Therefore the presence of large quantities of water regulates the temperatures on earth so that life doesn’t burn up or freeze. Water has the unique ability to be a liquid, solid and gas within the narrow temperature range on earth.
- ICE – The way in which water freezes to a solid is unique. Because it is less dense than its liquid form (unlike other solids) ice is able to float on top of water. If this wasn’t the case, and ice sunk to the bottom of lakes, the whole body of water would freeze over and aquatic life would die.
THE MULTI-FUNCTIONING, PRE-PROGRAMMED HUMAN BRAIN
- PRE-PROGRAMMED – A vast amount of necessary body functions occur without us even having to think about them. Activities such as: heart rhythm, breathing, digestion, immune responses, reactions to pain, and so many more, keep us alive.
- VASTLY MORE CAPACITY THAN IS NECESSARY – The human brain has more potential than anyone can ever use in their lifetime. It is more powerful for its size than the best super computer that has been designed. Its capabilities extend to understanding mathematics and the laws of nature, music, art, abstract thought, processing emotion, language, creativity, invention, and the list goes on!
UNIFORM LAWS OF NATURE BASED ON MATHEMATICAL EQUATIONS
- FRACTALS – Fractals are reoccurring patterns that become smaller and smaller based on mathematical equations. Fractals occur throughout nature in plant life, animal life, water crystallization, and even lightning. These patterns don’t attest to random development, but intelligent design.
- MATHEMATICS – Humans didn’t invent mathematics, humans discovered math was already in existence. Incredibly complex, constant, and predictable patterns are behind many forms of life, and the movement of planets.
An irreducibly complex machine has complicated parts that must all be present for the machine to function. Creation abounds with these examples. For example, our eye is an incredibly complex camera which has millions of working parts. The pupil must be there to control the light, the crystalline lens behind the iris allows us to focus on close and distant objects, the retina has many thin layers of photoreceptors which bundle the images and send them to the brain for interpretation. If the brain couldn’t process the images, or if one of those important parts were non-existent, the whole machine would fail to work. It is not reasonable to assume that so many helpful mutations could occur perfectly all at once, and in so many varied, perfectly-functioning, living machines!
DNA – THE CODE FOR ALL LIVING CREATURES
- INSTRUCTION CODES – All life is governed by DNA instruction codes far more complex than any programming that human engineers have coded in the last 100 years of research. The DNA code can even replicate itself, self-correct for errors, and reprogram itself to account for changing circumstances as needed.
“PRE-PROGRAMMED” INSTINCTS IN LIVING CREATURES
- MIGRATION AND SURVIVAL – All birds, reptiles and animals have incredible pre-programming that causes them to act in predictable patterns beneficial to their existence. Many birds, fish, butterflies, and insects have migratory instincts that cause them to follow set patterns and return to the same breeding/migratory territories again and again. Many will do this without ever being shown where to go by their parents. Magnetic ‘GPS’ systems are built into their brains, not ‘learned,’ but pre-programmed.
THE MIRACLE OF REPRODUCTION
Humans have invented many moving systems, but never has there been a way for their inventions to reproduce! What a miracle it is that living creatures and living plants are able to reproduce so perfectly, passing on amazing combinations of genetics from both parent sources.
THE COMPLEXITY OF THE BIBLE
God states that the Bible is His inspired Word. Just as his intelligence, mathematical patterns, complexity are seen in His creation, so these attributes shine through in His Word.
- THE MESSIAH – Even though the Bible was penned by around 40 different authors over a period of 4000 years, the same consistent message about a promised saviour who would die to save the world from sin, occurs throughout. The majority of these promises have been fulfilled in Jesus Christ, with some still remaining to be fulfilled in the future.
- HEALTH AND HYGIENE – The ‘ Law of Moses’ demonstrates an advanced understanding of germs, disease and the way in which illnesses are transmitted, thousands of years before humans invented the microscope. The insistence on washing with running water, keeping contagious disease and discharge isolated, covering human excrement, avoiding the consumption of ‘unclean’ animals, and so much more, demonstrates that God understood medical science long before we did.
- CROSS-REFERENCES – There are at least 340,000 acknowledged cross-references throughout the Bible, identifying common themes, quotations or people. Keeping in mind the numerous writers, vast expanse of time and geographical locations, these common themes, repeated quotations and accurate recollections of various characters are impressive. https://a.openbible.info/blog/2010-04-cross-references-2000.png
FULFILLED BIBLE PROPHECY
Detailed prophecies were recorded in the Bible involving various nations that have come and gone on the earth. Those details have been fulfilled in the past – with the nations of Egypt, Tyre, Babylon, Greece, Rome, and more. In our day, we are seeing the incredibly miraculous fulfillment of prophecy concerning the re-establishment of the nation of Israel. So many details are given, and one by one, they are being checked off, mostly ‘against all odds’.
THE ENORMOUS IMPACT OF JESUS CHRIST
- HISTORICALLY VALID – That Jesus Christ lived and died is attested to by various sources, namely the Bible (over 5000 copies of New Testament manuscripts, before the invention of the printing press, are available today, as opposed to most Classical works which rarely have more than 20 copies in existence). However, other writers in the first three Centuries attest to Jesus’ historical legitimacy, namely the Jewish historian Josephus and the Roman historian Tacitus. Many Early Christian bishops and church fathers also penned references to Jesus Christ in the first three centuries.
- THE CALENDAR – The year 2020 attests to the life of Jesus Christ, since our dating system was changed to be based on his birth – a true testament to the importance placed on his life, and quite a feat if he never existed. It has been approximately 2020 years since Jesus Christ was born.
- MARTYRS – Not many people will give their life to proclaim a lie. The fact that so many early Christians willingly submitted to torturous deaths, demonstrates the power of their conviction that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead to be our Saviour.
- A LEADER LIKE NO OTHER – The heroes in cultures outside of Christianity are generally powerful super-men, “gods” who are valiantly powerful and make others subservient to them. Many of these ‘gods’ act in immoral ways, fill their lives with pleasures, and are a law to themselves. Jesus Christ never put on a show of human strength. His message was that those who wanted to be great should serve others. He led a completely moral and sinless life devoid of self-serving pleasures. Willingly, he submitted to a humiliating death in order to ‘destroy’ the greatest enemy of all mankind – ‘the devil’ – sin in our nature. (Hebrews 2:8-19) Through his life and death he gave us an amazing example to follow. Through his death and resurrection we have forgiveness and the hope of immortality. (Romans 5:11-21)